Mrs. Kanchan Naikawadi – Director, Indus Health Plus (P) Ltd.
‘Dynamic – Workaholic – Humble – Taskmaster – Rooted – Innovative – Total Go-Getter – Outstanding Leader – And Much More!’
This spells out Ms. Kanchan Naikawadi, Director at Indus Health Plus, pioneers in affordable, comprehensive and qualitative preventive health check-ups and diagnostics. Established in the year 2000, Indus Health Plus was primarily started to propagate the inherent benefits of preventive diagnostics and create awareness on how preventive health check-ups can reduce mortality and risks related with modern day diseases.
The story of Ms Kanchan Naikawadi is that of an ambitious career woman, successful businesswoman and inspiring woman entrepreneur. Director of Indus Health Plus, a leading preventive healthcare brand in India, Ms Kanchan has been the driving force behind the growth and development of Indus Health Plus. She is blessed with multiple abilities including marketing skills, industry knowledge, superb dynamism, hardworking capability and adventuresome spirit. Of the female entrepreneurs of India, she is a face of women power in the 21 century. She has bagged several prestigious awards for being the leading woman entrepreneur in the healthcare segment.
One of the main pillars and the building forces at Indus, Kanchan serves as an inspiration for all women, to dream big and achieve bigger goals in life. She has balanced her home and work incredibly to develop the company’s operations and expansion plans. ‘Adventure’, being her second nature, is the driving force instrumental in energizing her outlook to each fresh day full of fresh new ideas to be explored.
Born on August 6, 1972 in Mumbai, she completed her schooling from The Blue Mountains, Ooty and graduated in Commerce from the Mumbai University. With an amazing passion for speed, racing and flying, she started her career in 1993 as a counselor with Trade Wings. Thereafter her journey began as she strived to reach the sky, with a deep rooting to the ground.
Her calling came from Pune, where was she trained under her uncle, Mr. Sadanand Bapat, an excellent entrepreneur who molded her personality into what she is today. The de facto Director of HR, Administration and Operations, her expertise and motivation has led to the increase of the Indus family to more than 5 lakh satisfied members and an ever-growing family across cities. Kanchan believes in understanding the finer nuances of every single task. No work is small or big for her. Open to suggestions and feedback from employees across levels, her open-minded and flexible nature is definitely appreciated and respected by all her employees at Indus. A superb organizer and a vivacious worker, her expertise has brought Indus to what it is today, growing each day to achieve a pan-Indian footprint in the preventive health care segment.
A strong headed woman, Kanchan is blessed with the skills of multiplying money and handles this function on a daily basis. Thanks to her guidance, Indus is an extremely sound and financially well-managed company, with well-equipped and renowned delivery partners across the country. With a presence in 17 states and delivery partners in 78 cities across more than 122 centers, this 9001:2008 certified company; Indus Health Plus further expanding its network of delivery centers across the country.
Ms. Kanchan Naikawadi was conferred with Gold Stevie Awards for the category of ‘Female Entrepreneur of the Year and Bronze Stevie Awards for the category of ‘Female Entrepreneur of the Year in Asia, Australia and New Zealand’ held on Nov. 2015. She bagged the Women Leadership Award in Healthcare during the Stars of The Industry Awards held on 14th Feb 2015 in Mumbai. She was conferred the title of Woman Entrepreneur of the Year by CMO – Asia – Women Leadership Awards 2014. She bagged Women Leadership and Innovation Awards 2014 for being the best innovator in the healthcare category. She received Silver Stevie for Female Entrepreneur of the year in Asia and Female Entrepreneur for Consumer Product at Stevie Women in Business Awards 2013. . She was conferred as Woman Personality of the Year during CMO – Asia – Women Leadership Awards 2013 held in Singapore. She received the Women in Leadership and Innovation Award and “Gaurav Stree Shakti Award” in 2013.
A full time mother of two lovely girls, Kanchan has proved that multi-tasking is her forte. Traveling and the ever eagerness to learn is the driving force behind this woman. With an unending love to observe, grasp and implement, Kanchan’s belief is that ‘All work can be play and fun’.
Company Profile – Indus Health Plus (P) Ltd.
Indus Health Plus (P) Ltd. was incorporated in 2000 as a first of its kind in the preventive healthcare sector. An ISO 9001:2008 certified company; Indus Health Plus is determined to live up to its motto of making quality healthcare ‘Available, Accessible and Affordable’ each and every day.
- Delivery partners in 78 cities across 122 centers in 17 states
- An outreach to more than 80 lakh people
- More than 5 lakh satisfied families who have availed preventive health checkups across the country
- Tie-ups with state-of-the-art hospitals and diagnostic centers to ensure the best of healthcare facilities for our clients across the country
- Comprehensively designed checkup packages with exhaustive and high end deliverables
Headquartered in Pune, we are present in major metros like Mumbai , Delhi, Bangalore and tier II and tier III cities like Akola, Ahmedabad, Hyderguda, Secunderabad, Jayanagar, Bannerghatta, Aurangabad, Baroda, Belgaum, Bhilai, Dhule, Gurgaon, Ghaziabad, Hyderabad,Indore, Jalgaon, Karad, Latur, Margaon, Nagar, Nagpur, Nasik, Nanded, Panjim , Pune, Ratnagiri, Ratlam, Solapur and more, totaling to 65 cities and more than 100 centres. Indirect alliance partners have helped us reach to tier 2 and tier 3 towns, villages’ etc. pan India to cater to the needs and convenience of our clientele.
Indus is consistent in spreading the word of timely checkup which not only saves an individual from premature death or disability but effectively saves their families from mental and physical trauma and financial distress.
What they have:
- Strong and integrated back-end processes
- In-house Call Center
- Health checkups, report generation and doctors’ consultation in a single day
- “Live Doctor Chat” service to enable the availability of doctor’s consultation
- Packages costs nearly 1/3 or at even lower rates as compared to many hospitals
Indus drives the cause of prevention and is creating a successful framework for the government to effectively tackle the burden of non-communicable diseases, and in turn help in reducing the future burden on India’s already weak health infrastructure.
Beyond preventive health checkups we also keep in mind the fact that millions of people go below the poverty because of catastrophic out-of-pocket expenditures on healthcare. Indus provides “Health Friend” cards to take care of the medical and hospitalization expenses. A 2005 report of the National Commission on Macroeconomics and Health states that “Prevention of diseases, particularly non-communicable diseases (lifestyle diseases) that are expensive to treat, is the most cost-effective strategy for a country facing scarce resources.”
- Member, NAT Health
- Member, ASSOCHAM – NCD Screening Committee
- Member, ASSOCHAM – National Rural Development Committee
- Member, CII Health Services Committee
- Member, NASSCOM
- Member, IMC
- Member, Indo-German Chamber of Commerce
Delivery Partners: –
- Pune: Sahyadri group of hospitals (7 centers), NM Medical Centre
- Mumbai: NM Medical(5 Centers), BCJ-Insight Center (Santacruz), Surana Sethia Hospital (Chembur and Malad), Kohinoor Hospital (Kurla Vidyavihar), Terna sahyadri Hospital, Super Religare laboratories
- Bangalore: Vikram Hospital, Apollo Hospital
- Goa: Wockhardt Hospital, Goa Scan Center, Chodankar Hospital, Manipal Hospitals
- Delhi and NCR:Pushpanjali Crosslay Hospital, Columbia Asia, Apollo Indraprastha Hospital, Apollo Hospital, SRL Diagnostic, Asian Institute of Medical Science
- Gujarat(Rajkot, Bhavnagar, Baroda) : Sterling group of Hospital
- Indore ,Ujjain and Ratlam: CHL Group of Hospitals
- Nagpur: Nagpur Scan Center , Orange City Hospital and Research Center
Other locations –
- Solapur: BINIT Hospital & Ashwini Sahakari Rugnalaya
- Ahmedabad: Sterling Hospital, Apollo Hospitals
- Ahmednagar: Anand Rishiji Hospital & Noble Hospital & Research Centre
- Aurangabad: MGM Hospital & Tapadia Diagnostic Centre
- Belgaum: KLES Hospital
- Latur: Alpha Super specialty Hospital
- Jalgaon: Ganpati Hospital
- Nasik: Wockhardt Hospital, Sahyadri Hospital
- Akola: Ozone Multispecialty Hospital
- Dhule: Sri Siddheshwar Hospital
- Nanded: Apeksha Hospital
- Ratnagiri: Parkar Hospital
- Surat: METAS Adventist, SRL Diagnostics